Oriam continues to offer our new digital On Demand service, free of charge, to existing Oriam members. Follow this link to find out more: Our Oriam – My Wellness and On Demand – Oriam Scotland
We are also offering a great online group exercise programme for existing members with bookings available online or via the Our Oriam app: Exercise Classes – Oriam Scotland – Group & Aerobic Classes
The First Minister yesterday provided Scottish Parliament with an update on COVID-19 and related restrictions. Full details can be found here: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Strategic Framework update – February 2021.
In setting the context, the First Minister stated at this stage we need to continue to be cautious and patient. She also said there are much firmer grounds for optimism now that we have vaccinations and the other tools at our disposal offering us a route back to greater normality. It was also made clear there is quite limited scope for easing restrictions at this stage based on the public health advice.
The statement set out indicative dates to return to a system of levels from the last week of April. The key points, relevant to sport and physical activity are:
- 15 March
- Education: Return of P4-7 pupils to schools full-time. More but not all secondary pupils returning to school at least part-time. (Full details to be confirmed next week)
- Sport: Non-contact outdoor group sport permitted for 12 to 17 year olds (this is already permitted for under 12s).
- Gatherings: Outdoor meetings of 4 people from 2 households permitted.
- 5 April
- Stay at home: Stay at home requirement removed.
- Education: Return to full-time in person education for all remaining school pupils.
- Gatherings: Outdoor meetings of 6 people from 2 households permitted.
- Economy: More retail businesses being classified as essential. Click-and-collect permitted for non-essential retail.
- 26 April
- Strategic (Levels) Framework: Return to a levels system, which includes regional variation based on data. Further detail will be published in mid-March.
- Level 3: Initially the intention is that mainland Scotland will move to level 3. The islands currently at level 3 may drop to level 2, based on data.
- Sport: The levels system will support the phased re-opening of sport. The detail of what activity will be permitted in each level will be confirmed in mid-March. Likely gyms will be allowed to re-open.
It is important to note that the timings are indicative, and any changes will be driven by the data. It should also be noted that the dates set-out by UK Government on 22nd February do not apply to Scotland.
Following this announcement, we are required to keep the Oriam facility closed until further notice and are unlikely to re-open the facility before the 26th April. All Oriam memberships will continue to be frozen, at no cost. We will write to all members ahead of reactivating your membership in line with the facility re-opening.
We appreciate your loyalty and patience during this on-going period of restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are very much looking forward to welcoming our members and users back into the facility in a safe and responsible way in late April.